Pursuant to Memorandum No. 14, the delegation of Administrative Authority to the President and to officers and employees designated by the President, to approve and execute certain types of University contracts. 

Signature Authority

Link to the signature authority page on the Business and Finance website. Reach out to Procurement Services for questions. 

Contract Templates

University of Nebraska’s General Counsel has approved the use of certain contract templates.  Access to the approved templates may be requested by emailing Contracts@nebraska.edu. 

Contract templates must be completed by the Business Office and the Exhibit must clearly state the deliverables and payment schedule. 

Language requirements can change over time.  It becomes necessary to revise the contract boilerplate in order to be compliant with BOR Policy, state and federal laws.  For this reason, do not save the contract templates to your desktop, rather use the templates in the Box folder.   

Requesting Contract Review 

All communication for contract review requests or questions should be directed to Contracts@nebraska.edu Contracts must be fully executed prior to work beginning. 

Route for Signature

Procurement Contracts will route the final documents for signature in DocuSign.  Please provide the names and email addresses of the parties that will require a copy of the fully executed contract. 

Remember, if Procurement processes the contract, we will upload the contract to the State of Nebraska’s Contracts Database (per § 84-602.04).  All contracts expending any amount must be uploaded to the database.

Certificate of Insurance

Any individual or entity performing services for the University of Nebraska is required to provide a Certificate of Insurance, naming the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska as an additional insured. 

The Certificate of Insurance provides proof of insured coverage for a supplier/company with limits to include $1 million per occurrence and $3 million general aggregates.  University policies should be followed when procuring goods or services.  All design, construction, or maintenance services must be coordinated with and approved by University Facilities.  This certificate must be on file in Procurement Services PRIOR to the commencement of any services.  Insurance coverage varies by services provided.  Instructions for approved certificates. 

Use the Certificate of Insurance Lookup Form to see if a company has a certificate of insurance on file with us. 

Any waivers to this policy must be approved by Risk Management.