- Request for Information
This is a standard business process to collect written information about the capabilities of various suppliers. Normally it follows a format that can be used for comparative purposes.
- Request for Proposal
A type of competitive bidding solicitation in which a company or organization announces that funding is available for a particular project or program, and companies can place bids for the project's completion.
- Request for Qualifications
This usually refers to the pre-qualification stage of the procurement process. Only those proponents who successfully respond to the RFQ and meet the qualification criteria will be included in the subsequent Request for Proposal solicitation process.
Formal requests submitted by departments for supplies, equipment, or services. It is not an order and is not valid off campus.
- Responsible Bidder
Contractor or supplier that:
- has adequate financial resources to perform a contract
- is able to comply with the associated legal or regulatory requirements
- is able to deliver according to the contract schedule
- has a history of satisfactory performance
- has good reputation regarding integrity
- has or can obtain necessary data, equipment, and facilities
- is otherwise eligible and qualified to receive award
- Responsive Bid
The submitted document meets all of the solicitation requirements of the Invitation to Bid or Request for Proposal.